http://www.trendcounter.com/live/pf6s4w4m.htm

Genocide the Tamil people in Srilanka

Monday, March 18, 2013

Sons and daughters missing, missed, forgotten: LLRC’s failure in Sri Lanka

http://groundviews.org/2013/03/17/sons-and-daughters-missing-missed-forgotten-llrcs-failure-in-sri-lanka/

Tamil mothers, sisters, wives and daughters have not yet given up their hopes to find their disappeared sons, brothers, husbands and fathers. The tragedy of endless search continues for them.Some Tamil women have more than one tragedy to digest. Vasanthathevi Kathirkamanathan is still searching for her missing daughter. And, her husband has been missing since May 2009. “I don’t know whether he is alive or dead. My relatives want me to believe that he was hit by a shell during the heavy fighting in May 2009, and died on the spot. But, he was with me till the last moment on 18th May 2009. If he was hit by a shell, and died on the spot, I must have seen his dead body. Since, I have not seen his dead body, I am unable to believe that he was killed. I strongly feel he was made to disappear. My life is in limbo” says tearful Vasanthathevi Kathirkamanathan from Ananthapuram, Puthukkudiyiruppu in Mullaithivu District. She leads her lonely life in a former war zone haunted day and night by the memories of her beloved husband and daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home